1. Must be a union member, self, child, grandchild, or spouse of a California State Employee Association affiliate member:
2. Have a grade point average of 3.0 (based on 4 point system) utilizing grades in all subjects taken in grades 10, 11 and the first semester of 12. College students will be grade point average for years attended.
3. Be at least a high school senior. Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply, but past recipients are not eligible to reapply.
4. Use the scholarship AWARDED for scholastic or vocational course of study.
5. Complete an essay of no less than 500 words, expressing personal goals, financial need, and how this scholarship will benefit your academic goals (must include word count).
6. Submit Sealed Official High School or University Transcripts. The Foundation reserves the right to verify all transcripts submitted.
7. Submit a summary of any honors received, community service work, participation in extracurricular activities, and/or work experience.
8. Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, coaches, employers, or supervisors.
9. IMPORTANT: Please have your name on all papers submitted.
Applications and all supporting materials must be postmarked no later than April 3, 2023.
Download the Application
CSEA Foundation/Member Benefits
3000 Advantage Way, Suite 130
Sacramento, CA 95834
For questions, visit our FAQ page.
Click to see the most recent scholarship winners.